Date(s) - 05/28/2015
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Crowdfunding is one of the most exciting new innovations in business financing. Anyone who is starting or expanding a business needs to know about it.
Wilmington startup community leader Jim Roberts will be hosting this comprehensive crowdfunding seminar featuring Mark Easley, one of NC’s foremost experts and influencers, along with other crowd funding professionals, including Bill Warner, founder of Entredot.org and a crowdfunding advocate, and Sean Steigerwald and Jon Spinney, founders of of Malartu Funds, NC’s first crowdfunding platform.
We are also pleased to announce that North Carolina Treasury Secretary Janet Cowell will be here to talk about the NC Innovation Fund.
- Introduction by Jim Roberts
- Introduction to the crowdfunding market – Mark Easley
- Crowdfunding campaigns best practices – Bill Warner
- Wilmington crowdfunder story – FreakerUSA
- Wilmington crowdfunder story – CrossTap
- Wilmington crowdfunder story – Petrics
- NC Innovation Fund – Treasury Secretary Janet Cowell
- Choosing a crowdfunding platform – Sean Steigerwald and Jon Spinney
- Networking time
Mark Easley says, “Investment fundraising is not just for tech startups. It works well for small business too, and tens of millions of dollars have already been raised by small business owners. That means businesses in market segments all across North Carolina can benefit from investment crowdfunding.”
Please join us for this informative seminar.